About Regal Gifts Corporation
Regal was first established in 1928, when a young Canadian envelope salesman named William McCartney first put his entrepreneurial vision to the test.
Intrigued with the idea of manufacturing his own greeting cards, he approached a small card company in Toronto, and with the support of a $500 investment from the woman who would later become his wife, William McCartney launched Regal (a name chosen by his soon-to-be bride!).
Since those early days, Regal has continued to stand for the business values young Mr. McCartney set as his guideposts:
- A great selection of unique, quality, value-priced products,
- A commitment to providing Canadians with the means to earn extra money,
- And an unwavering commitment to customer service excellence.
In 2005 Regal decided to re-establish the company heritage of direct selling through a huge base of Independent Sales Representatives in every province and territory - this meant closing the retail stores.
Regal Gifts Corporation is an e-commerce, catalogue and direct marketing company operating in Barrie, Ontario Canada using the Regal brand which has been part of the Canadian landscape for 8 decades. Regal Gifts is the dominant player in the unique gift, household and kitchen item and jewelry market for the direct selling industry in Canada.
The Regal catalogue is a true "institution" in Canada, with over 80% brand recognition. The brand is emotive, holding a strong, warm, connection with hundreds of thousands of Independent Representatives and millions of consumers. A large segment of the Canadian population has fond memories of selling, fundraising and shopping with the Regal catalogue.
Regal is known for its unique products that include greeting cards & gift wrap, handy household helpers, kitchen gadgets, home & seasonal decor, unique family gifts and jewelry, all sold at great prices with average item pricing below $20. There is no other catalogue like it in the Canadian market.
The brand is sold primarily through:
- Independent Representatives who operate micro-businesses reselling Regal products to friends, family, co-workers and neighbours. These representatives sell to consumers at retail and earn their revenue through a discount based upon their sales level from the previous year.
- Fundraising members who capitalize on the brand recognition and long history of fundraising to raise money for their school, church, sports-club, daycare, etc.