Commitment to Privacy
What Information Do We Collect?
When you visit our web site, you may provide us with two types of information: (1) personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis and (2) web site use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our web site.
1. Personal Information You Choose to Provide
If you choose to purchase products from us, you will need to provide us with personal information, including your name, address, telephone number, shipping address, and e-mail address. You may also need to provide us with your credit card information, should you choose to charge your purchase to a credit card. In addition to providing the foregoing information to us, if you choose to correspond with us through e-mail, we may retain the content of your e-mail messages together with your e-mail address and our responses. We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received by mail and telephone.
2. Web Site Use Information
Similar to other commercial web sites, our web site utilizes a standard technology called "cookies" (see explanation below: "What Are Cookies?") and web server logs to collect information about how our web site is used. Information gathered through cookies and web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our web site, and the web sites visited just before and just after our web site. This information is collected on an aggregate basis. None of this information is associated with you as an individual.
How Do We Use the Information That You Provide to Us?
Broadly speaking, we use personal information for purposes of administering our business activities, providing customer service, and making available other products to our customers and prospective customers. Occasionally -- and no more than once per week -- we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our web site, new products, and special offers we think you will find valuable. As a customer, you have the option to choose not to receive these notices.
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are a feature of web browser software that allows web servers to recognize the computer used to access a web site. Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored by a user's web browser on the user's hard drive. Cookies can be used to save information as a user moves from one web page to another, or between visits to a web site. This makes it easier for a user to move from web page to web page and to complete commercial transactions over the Internet. Cookies should make your online experience easier and more personalized.
What Information Is Stored in a Cookie and How Is This Information Used?
Only an identification number is stored in a cookie on the user's hard drive. This allows us to record the products which each user is selecting for their order, and to efficiently process the order. The identification number on its own does not provide any information about the user. A user's personal information is stored in our secure database -- not on the user's hard drive. Before retrieving any personal information from our database, the user must enter their e-mail address and private password in order to confirm their identity.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
No information which you provide to us is shared with any third party individual or company, with the following exceptions:
1. Your billing and shipping information (including your name, address, and telephone number) and order details (including the products and quantities ordered and their prices) may be shared with the Regal Ambassador responsible for managing your relationship with Regal Home and Gifts;
2. Your billing information (including your name, address, and telephone number) is shared with our credit card processing provider and your credit card issuing institution, if you choose to charge your purchase to a credit card;
3. Your billing information (including your name, address, and telephone number) is shared with PayPal, if you choose to remit payment via PayPal;
4. Your shipping information (including the recipient name, address, and telephone number) is provided to Canada Post, your local country's postal service, and/or FedEx and their affiliates and service providers, as applicable, for the purpose of delivering the products purchased;
5. Your shipping information and the nature of the products being purchased (including their country of origin) is provided to the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency and/or your local country's customs authority (and the customs authority of such other countries through which the products purchased may travel en route to their destination), if the products purchased are being delivered outside Canada;
6. Your contact information (including your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address) may be shared with Regal Ambassadors when you have requested to Find an Ambassador or have indicated that you do not work with an Ambassador.
What About Legally Compelled Disclosure of Information?
We may disclose information when legally compelled to do so, in other words, when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights.
What About Other Web Sites Linked to the Regal Web Site?